Did you have as much fun as I today chatting about the end of the world? I think that the end had been predicted from the very beginning. It is one of those strange human things that we seem to love – doooooom!!
Apart from giggling about it, I also spent a moment or five wondering what I would’ve regretted had the world ended. That is of course assuming that I would be aware of the end after the end. Here is a list of things that I would’ve regretted:
- Not hugging my dearest friends again (and making funny faces at their kids).
- Not drinking coffee again (note how I listed this as nr 2– I’m a really good friend!!!!)
- Not reading the seven books waiting on my coffee table
- Not reading all the other amazing books waiting to be purchased
- Not being entertained by scandalous politicians and corporate leaders
- Not going to Rwanda and spend some time in the jungle watching the gorillas
- Not going through with my plan to travel through Brazil and the Amazon (river and jungle)
- Not doing road trips through Canada, US, Namibia and a long list of other places
- Not dreaming up other trips
- Not dreaming up crazy stories and turning them into books
- Not finishing the last chapters of Genevieve’s next adventure
Oh goodness… the list will go on and on, so I’ll stop here. There is still so much I want to do, want to see, want to learn, want to experience that the world simply canNOT end today! So, woohoo!! I’m happy that I have more than a week to work on my dreams for 2013, the places I plan to see and the books I plan to write
Apart from the everyday wonders (coffee!!!…um…FAMILY!!! FRIENDS!!!), what would you regret most not having had the opportunity to do/finish?